Pages

6.29.2012

They're selling fast!

Two Saturdays ago I participated in the Artists Garage Sale at the Schack Art Center in Everett, Washington.   This annual, one-day event is an opportunity for local artists and craftspeople to 'clean house' offering extra supplies, old artwork, and unneeded doodads cluttering the studio, at 'discount' prices.  I took the opportunity to offer proofs of some of my print editions as well as some studio 'experiments' and note cards made from my blog sketches.  My daughter and I spent the day hawking my wares and people watching.  I sold proofs and cards to new friends and old and generally had a jolly good time.  Here's a sampling of my note cards, (minus the watermark, of course).





And, two weeks ago, finally finished the piece I had been working on since April.  Alas, the edition has been hidden away in a drawer as I am very disappointed with how it turned out.  It just took too darn long to complete and in that lengthy time I lost my mojo.  I wonder if not looking at it for awhile will change how I feel about it, sometimes it does, but I rather doubt it. Oh well, on to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment