Pages

10.16.2008

Sketchbooks

I’ve kept a sketch book journal for as long as I can remember. Back when I lived and worked in Chicago, during my lunch hour, I’d sit at The Wells Street Deli, eat my grilled cheese sandwich and do little drawings of the car lined streets. Later, when my home was crawling with babies, I’d take some time every day and draw domestic still lifes. In the years between then and now I’ve use my sketchbook to record ideas that have flitted through my head as I’ve gone about the daily business of raising kids. Some of those sketches have become finished pieces, some not. For the past year or so I’ve taken to maintaining five sketch books. I’ve been drawing with a brush and diluted carbon black which is fun and requires a committed line, but it also requires drying time. So I’ll draw in one book, and while that sketch is drying I’ll draw in another, and so on, and so on. Here are a few of my sketches:




If you like unique books and peeking into other artist’s sketch books, check out this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment