Pages

3.09.2009

All in a day's work

That’s the title of a book I used to read to my kids when they were little. It was the story of a tow truck that helped cars and trucks out of predicaments and when thanked would reply, “It’s all in a day’s work.” So humble was he. But I now find myself asking, how did that diligent and honorable little tow truck get so much done in a day? I’ve been here for a week and thought I’d have more to show for my eight hour work days. It’s been suggested that perhaps my goals for this month are too lofty. I’ve been advised to go easy on myself, let the day lead me, let my freak flag fly, (oh-em-gee, what is a freak flag? I don’t think I have one and I’m rather anxious about this). I’m taking it all under advisement and I will continue to show up at my studio each morning. Considering my present pace, I don’t want to waste a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment